Best STEM Summer Camps for Kids
Have fun learning all about robots, space, technology and much more in STEM summer camps for beginner to advanced students.
Explore summer STEM summer camps, winter camps, and more
The best STEM summer camps unleash every child's creativity while they build lifelong skills! STEM, the acronym, represents the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics: the most important skills in today’s tech workforce. With 35+ fun camps designed by experts from Uber, Airbnb, Google, MIT, and more, your child will learn all sorts of science, technology, engineering, and math concepts in a collaborative environment. Find the perfect STEM camp to fit your schedule with flexible options including camps that run four days a week, two days a week, and once a week during the summer, winter, and more.
Science coding summer camps for kids
Learn all about NASA, quantum physics, and computational biology with cool science coding summer camps.
NASA STEM Club
Intro to Computational Biology
Atom Secrets & The Periodic Table of Elements
Technology summer camps for kids
Discover cutting-edge real-world applications as you learn Python and more in technology summer camps.
Python for AI
Junior Hackers - Smart and Safe on Internet
Coding with Roblox Studio in Lua
Robotics summer camps for kids
Find out how to make smart devices work and robots that compete in robotics summer camps.
Lights & Beats with Micro:Bit
Smart Devices: Arduino for Kids
Engineering coding summer camps for kids
Join engineering summer camps to bring fascinating websites and apps to life.
Mobile Coding for Apps and Games
Cloud Computing for Web Apps
Build Your Web
Minecraft summer camps for kids
Don't just play games - create them! Learn all about game development in Minecraft summer camps.
Minecraft Modding Quest
Minecraft Code to Mod
Math summer camps for kids
Discover the mathematical fundamentals of machine learning in math summer camps.
Mathematical Fundamentals of Machine Learning
Learn more about kids STEM camps for every season: summer camps, winter camps, spring camps, Thanksgiving camps, and New Year camps.
Explore free STEM summer camps for kids
Create games, win challenges, and explore all sorts of cool fields with free STEM summer camps for kids this summer (or winter!). All of these camps are free of charge for elementary through high school students. Get live expert guidance in a small-group setting, with a curriculum designed by Google, Stanford, and MIT professionals. Find the perfect STEM camp to get started today!
Our small group classes, live video experience, and awesome teachers set every child up for success. Unleash a whole new world of wonder when you get started today.
What to expect from our online STEM summer camps for kids
Create & Learn's STEM summer camps offer kids a safe environment to learn alongside their peers with live instruction from an expert. All of our summer camps keep kids engaged with project-based learning, and a proven inquiry-based method of instruction. That’s why today our award-winning STEM camps have been recognized by Minecraft, HulaFrog, and more.
- Easy scheduling: Choose from structured weeklong camps (4 consecutive days) available in multiple time zones.
- The #1 curriculum: Have fun learning STEM with lessons designed by Google & Stanford experts.
- Earn a certificate: Celebrate with a personalized Certificate of Achievement to mark each milestone
- Personalized attention: Enjoy a maximum of 5 students per instructor. which means more progress and more play.
- 100% happiness guarantee: We offer flexible scheduling and a satisfaction-guarantee refund.
Benefits of learning with virtual STEM summer camps for kids
STEM stats show that the fastest growing and highest paying careers are STEM fields. Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) occupations are projected to grow over two times faster than the total for all occupations in the next decade according to the U.S. Labor Department. STEM summer camps help kids develop essential 21st-century skills including communication, problem solving, creativity, critical thinking, and more. During camps kids have the opportunity to practice STEM concepts and apply them in hands-on activities and real-life scenarios, reinforcing everything they’ve learned. Here are a few ways learning about STEM can benefit your student:
- STEM problem solving fosters skills such as critical thinking, creativity, independence, and confidence
- Working on a STEM problem in a group promotes teamwork
- Defending an approach to a STEM problem promotes public speaking and discussion skills
- Pick up new skills from the comfort of your home
- Get access to the best instructors from around the world
How to pick the best STEM coding camp for your student
If you’re curious about how to pick the best place to begin learning STEM, here are a few quick tips to get you started in the right camp:
- Your child's grade: The first consideration should be your child’s age group. Make sure the camp you pick has their grade level listed.
- Prior coding experience: The majority of our students begin with Scratch Junior for students in K-2 grades; Scratch Ninja is a great place to begin for 2nd to 4th graders; while Accelerated Scratch is an excellent starting place for older children. If your child has prior coding experience, check out our curriculum to find the best fit for you.
- Budget: Purchasing a complete program such as the Scratch Program can help you save.
- Schedule: Pick a schedule that matches your child's time preferences. If they're a night owl, pick an evening class.
- More questions: If you're not sure where to start, you can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll get you set up.
STEM resources for kids and teens
- STEM competitions and contests: Discover a list of 25+ competitions for students of all ages, ranging in focus areas from math to the environment.
- Halloween STEM activities: If you're looking for a way to tie your child's love for trick-or-treating, mischief, and scary tales with picking up valuable lifelong STEM skills, look no further.
- Thanksgiving STEM activities: Thanksgiving STEM activities are the perfect way to keep kids engaged in education throughout the holiday season.
- Winter STEM ideas: Whether you are celebrating Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or the New Year, you can find many options (many of them free) for elementary and middle schoolers to partake in over the winter break.
- Valentine's Day STEM activities: Enjoy fun Valentine's Day STEM activities, ideas, and challenges. All of these are easy to do online and some are even free.
- Spring STEM activities: Creative spring STEM activities for kids are a great way to get outside this season! Here are four of our most favorite outdoor activities.
- National STEM Day activities: National STEM Day is on November 8th and celebrates science, technology, engineering, and math throughout the United States.
- STEM facts and figures: Did you know it’s really important to start STEM education early? According to a study from UC Irvine, developing math skills early leads to future academic success in all subjects.
- STEM stats: Millions of people across the US work in STEM. While the stereotype tech worker is a young person in Silicon Valley, the statistics tell a different story.
- STEM robotics: Learn what STEM robotics is, why it's important, and where it falls in a STEM education.
- Girls in STEM: Discover some current statistics and trends related to female representation in technical fields.
- Best homeschool STEM curriculum: Learn everything you need to know about STEM homeschool. We'll reveal the best ways to learn STEM, what to look for in a curriculum.
- Best STEM classes: According to a 2016 Google report, 84% of parents, 71% of teachers, and 66% of principals believe that computer science is as important as any other subject. Check out some of the best virtual STEM courses to begin your learning adventure.
- STEM holiday gift guide: See 15 great products that will get kids excited about building, creating, and thinking scientifically (whether they know they are or not)!