What to expect from our online digital art camps for beginners
Join Create & Learn digital art camps for tons of fun.
- Easy scheduling: Choose from structured weeklong camps (4 consecutive days) available in multiple time zones.
- The #1 curriculum: Have fun learning digital art and design with lessons designed by Google & Stanford experts.
- Earn a certificate: Celebrate with a personalized Certificate of Achievement to mark each milestone
- Personalized attention: Enjoy a maximum of 5 students per instructor. which means more progress and more play.
- 100% happiness guarantee: We offer flexible scheduling and a satisfaction-guarantee refund.
- Develop their creative confidence with words, colors, shapes, animations, videos
- Practice visual communication skills and present their ideas in a visually appealing way
- Understand design thinking used to build beautiful and efficient products today
- Build empathy and collaboration skills by interacting with other students in online camp
- Pick up new skills from the comfort of your home
- Get access to the best instructors from around the world
How to pick the best art camp for your student
Sometimes parents ask us where the best place to begin learning digital art and design is for their students. Here are a few quick tips to get you started in the right camp:
- Your child's grade: The first consideration should be your child’s age group. Make sure the camp you pick has their grade level listed.
- Design equipment: Make sure to check each camp's equipment requirements. For example, Canva allows you to design on the website for free, Photoshop requires software download with a 7-day free trial program, and Procreate costs $9.99/year and can be used only with an iPad and Apple pencil.
- Budget: Purchasing a complete program such as the Discovering Design Program can help you save.
- Schedule: Pick a schedule that matches your child's time preferences. If they're a night owl, pick an evening class.
- More questions: If you're not sure where to start, you can always email us at email@example.com, and we'll get you set up.
What is Canva?
Canva ss a free graphic design platform with a simple interface great for making posters, flyers, cards, presentations, advertisements, social media posts and videos. A drag and drop interface makes customizing thousands of templates simple and easy. Canva's wide array of features allow you to edit photos without extensive photo editing knowledge or experience. Discovering Digital Design and Canva for Kids: Design & Video Creation camps use and teach Canva. These camps require a Mac or PC (no software download needed).
What is Procreate?
Procreate is an award-winning illustration, sketching, and painting app made exclusively for iPad. When used together with the Apple pencil, it feels very similar to making art on paper. But it is much better than drawing on paper because it offers you a wide variety of Procreate brushes (plus the ability to customize and add more!), allows you to use fingers to redo and edit your design easily, and enables you to paint anytime anywhere. These camps require an iPad, Apple pencil and need to download Procreate app ($9.99/year).
What is Photoshop?
Adobe Photoshop is an extremely powerful application that's used by many professional photographers and designers. You can use Photoshop for almost any type of image editing, from touching up photos to creating high-quality graphics. Students can learn to use layers, masks, crops, direct selection, and brushes to combine multiple images into a digital collage. They can also delve deeper into color, adjustments, blending modes, editing tools, text, and shapes. Basics of Photoshop camp use and teach Photoshop. This camp requires a Mac or PC and students need to download Photoshop (with a 7-day free trial program).
- Graphic Design for Kids: Understand graphic design and see beginner art classes and camps for kids to learn online with live teachers.
- 7 Fun Graphic Design Activities for Kids: Explore beginner and intermediate projects for kids to learn design techniques and principles at home.
- Best Online Digital Art Classes for Kids: Check out virtual digital art classes for kids in small groups with live instructors.
- Homeschool Art Classes Guide: Learn about homeschool art curriculums for elementary to high school students, designed by Google and Stanford experts.
- Procreate Tips and Tricks for Beginners: Go over the essential and basic tips and tricks for Procreate to help your children elevate their design.
- Color Theory Concepts for Kids: Learn all about what color theory is, and find out why it is a valuable skill for kids to learn.