What Information We Collect
We may collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through and for your use of our Site or Services.
Information You Provide to Us:
We collect information you knowingly provide to us, for example when you register, make a purchase or use certain features of our Services We receive and store any information. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features.
- Other. We may allow users (including, parents, children and teachers) to post comments to certain areas of the Site and Services, to message other users (including teachers and classmates), or to participate in group discussions on the Site. If you use our tutoring service, we may record your voice through your use of the Services.
- Payment Information. If you make a purchase, we will also request that you provide your credit or debit card information and your billing address.
You may modify or remove your Personal Information or Children's Personal Information at any time by logging into your account and accessing features to edit your profile and/or account information.
Information We Collect Automatically.
We may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Site or Services through cookies, web beacons, java script and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site and/or use our Services; "cookie" information; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site. "Cookies" are identifiers we transfer to your computer or mobile device that allow us to recognize your browser or mobile device and tell us how and when pages and features in our Services are visited and by how many people. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser or mobile device to prevent or limit your computer or device's acceptance of cookies, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of our features. Our analytics vendors and advertising partners may also transmit cookies to your computer or device, when you click on pages or ads that appear on the Services. For children or student users of our Services or the sections of our Services for such users, these ads will not contain any behaviorally-targeted advertising or track users for such purposes. Also, if you click on a link to a third party website, such third party may also transmit cookies to you.
Other Information We Collect.
We may collect information about users from other sources, such as a child's teacher or school or about users' activities on our Site or Services. We may collect information about student users, including the name of their school and teacher, grade and academic performance, work assignments and related information. We also collect information about users' activities on our Site or Services. For example, we track information about users' performance while using the Site and Services, including the tasks or assignments completed and the time it took to complete a certain task or advance to a higher level.
How We Use Information
We use the information that we gather for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services (including to assess performance), to communicate with you about your use (or your child's or student's) of our Services, to respond to inquiries, to fulfill orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To provide students, parents and teachers with information and reports about, respectively, their own, their children or their students' performance and use of the Site and Services.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize experiences while using the Site or Services.
- To send promotional and informational emails to parents and teachers. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, information about new features, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open a message from us. This confirmation helps us make our communications with you more interesting and improve our services.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, in order to improve our Site and Services, respond to user preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes as permitted by law.
How We Share Your Information
We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information or Children's Personal Information in personally identifiable form to anyone. Generally, we may disclose the personal information that we collect to provide our Services, to comply with the law and to protect Create & Learn and other users of our Services. For example, we may share the personal information we collect as follows:
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. Unless we tell you differently, these entities do not have any right to use the Personal Information or Children's Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. We also take steps to ensure that they agree to protect the Personal Information or Children's Personal Information shared with them.
- User Profiles and Submissions: Certain user profile information, including without limitation a user name, and any video or image content that such user has uploaded to the Services, may be displayed to other users taking the same class to facilitate user interaction within the Services or address your request for our services.
- Business Transfers. We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that would be transferred. Also, If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected, including personal information, to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or other legal process.
- To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which Create & Learn is involved.
- Parents. Parents may be able to log in to view information about their child's use of the Services, including their performance on certain tasks and assignments and other activities.
- Teachers, Schools, and Other Users. For children who are signed up via school, their teachers may be able to communicate with students, to send and collect assignments and to post lesson plans through the Site or Services. As part of this, teachers can see information about students' use of the Services, including their performance on certain tasks, assignments and other activities. In addition, users may be able to message their classmates or teachers and post comments and other information to certain areas of the Site and Services, which may be viewed by other users (including the child's teacher(s) and classmates). We may also share information with schools, such as information about how students in that school use the Services, including their performance on certain tasks, assignments and other activities.
- With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information or Children's Personal Information may be shared with third parties in personally identifiable form, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information. In the case of Children's Personal Information, we will first obtain the prior verifiable consent of a parent or legal guardian, or require that the teacher/school do so.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information.We may anonymize your Personal Information and Children's Personal Information so that you cannot be individually identified, and provide that information to our partners for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Affiliated Businesses and Third Party Websites We Do Not Control:
In certain situations, businesses or third party websites we're affiliated with may sell items or provide services to you through the Services (either alone or jointly with us). You can recognize when an affiliated business is associated with such a transaction or service, and we will share your Personal Information with that affiliated business only to the extent that it is related to such transaction or service. If you are a student/child user, we will not share your Children's Personal Information in connection with any commercial third party transaction or service. One such service may include the ability for you to automatically transmit Third Party Account Information to your Services profile or to automatically transmit information in your Services profile to your third party account. For adult users, we have no control over the policies and practices of third party websites or businesses as to privacy or anything else, so if you choose to take part in any transaction or service relating to an affiliated website or business, please review all such business' or websites' policies.
User Generated Content
We may allow certain users to post content in the public area on our Site, including comments, pictures, and any other; this information may be available to other registered users of our Site. If you post your own content in the public area on our Site or Services, others may view it and Create & Learn cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
Retention of Personally Identifiable Information
We keep your Personal Data for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which the Personal Data is collected and processed. The length of time we retain Personal Data for depends on the purposes for which we collect and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws and to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights.
Updating or Deleting Your Personal Data
You have certain rights in relation to your Personal Data. You can access your Personal Data and confirm that it remains correct and up-to-date, choose whether or not you wish to receive material from us or some of our partners, and request that we delete or provide you with a copy of your personal data by logging into the Site, selecting ‘Settings’ from the dropdown in the top right, and scrolling down to find the appropriate option. The ability to delete an account may be disabled for some users, particularly those who are enrolled in for-credit offerings such as degrees, MasterTrack certificate programs, and other similar offerings.
If you would like further information in relation to your rights or would like to exercise any of them, you may also contact us via email@example.com. If you reside or are located in the EEA, United Kingdom, Switzerland, or other region that offers similar protections, you have the right to request that we:
- provide access to any Personal Data we hold about you;
- prevent the processing of your Personal Data for direct-marketing purposes;
- update any Personal Data which is out of date or incorrect;
- delete any Personal Data which we are holding about you;
- restrict the way that we process your Personal Data;
- provide your Personal Data to a third party provider of services; or
- provide you with a copy of any Personal Data which we hold about you.
We try to answer every request promptly where possible, and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law. Keep in mind, however, that when deleting your Personal Data there may be residual information that will remain within our databases, access logs, and other records, which may or may not contain your Personal Data. Please also note that certain Personal Data may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances, which may include if we need to retain your Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation. When you email us with a request, we may ask that you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity.
Access To Personal Information
Through your account settings, you may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete the following information you've provided to us:
- name and password
- email address
- user profile information
- content in your account
The information you can view, update, and delete may change as the Services change. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to request that Children's Personal Information regarding your child be updated or deleted (or, if you are a teacher, a child that is in your class) by the Services, or if you wish to request that we discontinue the further collection nor use of Children's Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com. A minor student's participation in our Services, and the ability of a minor student to access the Services, will not be conditioned on that student providing more Children's Personal Information than is reasonably necessary for that participation or access. We will respond to a request made pursuant to this section within 30 days of our receipt of such request.
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of Personal Information and Children's Personal Information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, if applicable, please submit a written request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Choices you have
You can always opt not to disclose information to use, but keep in mind some information may be needed to register with us or to take advantage of some of our special features.
You may be able to add, update, or delete information as explained in Section V above. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records. [You may request deletion of your account by sending an email with instructions.] Please note that some information may remain in our records after your deletion of such information from your account. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Personal Information and Children's Personal Information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send us a detailed message to email@example.com, and we will try to resolve your concerns.
Effective Date: Sep, 2021