Your child might have started playing with your phone at 3 years old, and have become an expert of YouTube and mobile apps at age 5. So why not get started understanding how computers work with coding? As Apple CEO Tim Cook said, "Coding is the most important second language for everyone to learn".
This series of fun ScratchJr lessons uses the Scratch Junior platform, developed by the same MIT team that created Scratch. While building interactive stories and games, your child will be introduced to the basics of coding concepts, solve problems, and most importantly, they will create!
- Downloadable Certificate.
Show the world you did it. You really did it!
- #1 Coding Curriculum
Designed by Stanford, Google & Apple Experts with kids in mind.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We'll help you find the right class, always. Love it or get a full refund.
We've absolutely loved our coding classes, we've been connecting with very passionate and patient teachers from the other side of the world and learning coding at the age of five! So happy I've found this course and would thoroughly recommend to all the parents with tech passionate kids!
Scratch Junior - Introduction
- Grades K-2
- In this 45min session, we introduce students to the Scratch Junior platform and use it to code a fun animation - Dance Party! Your child will learn how to add characters, how to control characters with coding blocks, and how to code by combining blocks to make animations. Your child will experience the power of coding and have fun creating a fun party with their favorite characters.
- 45 minutes
- Prerequisites - Must have an iPad or Android Tablet to attend the class. You also need a computer. Please join Zoom from your computer and install Scratch Junior App on iPad or Android Tablet before the class.
- Grades K-2
2 - 3 Students Per Class
- In this fun Scratch Junior class, we will create a series of animations and games while learning about core coding concepts. For example, your child will learn loops, messaging, how to capture events in a game to take action, and a lot more. We will go from simple projects with different characters working independently, to connecting characters with complex actions. Your child will also get to apply their artistic skills to create their own sprites, tell stories, and share their math and science knowledge.
- 6 sessions, 45 minutes per session
Including all 6 sessions
- Prerequisites - Ideally, use an iPad or Android Tablet to attend the class. You also need a computer. Please join Zoom from your computer. If you want to use a computer, please make sure your kid is comfortable with typing on keyboard and using mouse on a computer.
Do not see a time that works for you? Please click here to send a request. We will do our best to schedule a new class for you.
I currently teach with Create & Learn and can vouch for their amazing project-based and industry-relevant curriculum. All the kids I work with have a blast and it's a joy to see them build through coding.
I've taken many create and learn classes and they've all gone great! The teachers provide lots of helpful visuals and fun projects, and the experience was much better than many other classes I've had.
My son attended online coding lessons with Create & Learn since last year, and he said Create & Learn is better than the other online coding schools he attended before.
Create & Learn's classes are great! Their classes are fun and engaging and are teaching very important things to the new generation, all of which will come in handy sometime throughout their life. I love how they do lots of hands-on projects, and it's not just listening to a teacher talk. The fact that it's live classes is also a plus! Thank you for such great classes!
My daughter did the Jr Robotics series and really enjoyed it. The class size is small and the teacher was very helpful. I also had her try a number of free trials in Coding and AI and she liked them all. We plan to sign up for more coding classes.
Common Questions About How to Use ScratchJr
Can you use ScratchJr on a laptop?
Currently, the ScratchJr program is mainly designed for iPad and Android tablets as a free app where kids can use programming blocks to tell a story. An older version is available on Chromebooks that can download Android apps.
Is ScratchJr only an app?
ScratchJr is primarily an app for iPad and Android tablets. It is specifically designed with an interface for young children. Kids can use motion blocks to make their characters move around the screen. You can also use the paint editor to customize the characters.
What is the main function of ScratchJr?
ScratchJr is for young children aged 5-7 to experience programming for the first time. Kids can create their own interactive stories by putting programming blocks together. Children have control over the actions, sounds and customization of the characters and their story. ScratchJr is supported by the Scratch Foundation and the National Science Foundation.
What is the difference between ScratchJr and Scratch?
ScratchJr is inspired by the Scratch programming language available online. ScratchJr is redesigned to better adapt to the cognitive and social development of young children and help them start coding early. Both platforms encourage kids to get creative with their stories and games. The Scratch Jr website contains tutorials on how to use different parts of the app.