Your child might have started playing with your phone at 3 years old, and have become an expert of YouTube and mobile apps at age 5. So why not get started understanding how computers work with coding? As Apple CEO Tim Cook said, "Coding is the most important second language for everyone to learn".
This series of fun ScratchJr lessons uses the Scratch Junior platform, developed by the same MIT team that created Scratch. While building interactive stories and games, your child will be introduced to the basics of coding concepts, solve problems, and most importantly, they will create and apply their imaginations!
In this 45min session, we introduce students to the Scratch Junior platform and use it to code a fun animation - Dance Party! Your child will learn how to add characters, how to control characters with coding blocks, and how to code by combining blocks to make animations. Your child will experience the power of coding and have fun creating a fun party with their favorite characters.
- In this fun Scratch Junior class, we will create a series of animations and games while learning about core coding concepts. For example, your child will learn loops, messaging, how to capture events in a game to take action, and a lot more. We will go from simple projects with different characters working independently, to connecting characters with complex actions. Your child will also get to apply their artistic skills to create their own sprites, tell stories, and share their math and science knowledge.
- Let's create something new every week with Scratch Junior coding! Put the Scratch Junior skills you've already learned to create weekly new projects for 6 weeks, including original challenges and fascinating projects. Join along in our live video club series as an expert guides students through a different project from start to finish in a 45-minute session each time.
- (6 Sessions)
$178$151.302.25 class pack credits
Scratch Junior Club
- $17 Per Session
- Computer - MacWindows PCiPadAndroid Tablet
Prerequisites - Scratch Junior can be run on Windows/MAC computer, iPad, and Android Tablet. It doesn't run on Chromebook. If you use a tablet, we recommend joining Zoom from a computer as well. You will need to install Scratch Junior app for the class. Detailed instructions will be emailed to you after the registration.
- Downloadable Certificate.
Show the world you did it. You really did it!
- #1 Coding Curriculum
Designed by Stanford, Google & Apple Experts with kids in mind.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We'll help you find the right class, always. Love it or get a full refund.
- Expert Teachers
US-based, background checked, highly trained and 3+ years of experience in their fields.
My girls have loved the Scratch Junior class. The teacher is very patient and the girls are really enjoying it. I can see their curiosity into coding growing.
Thank you very much to the instructor, for having the patience to teach my kids. My son loves Create & Learn very much! He learned a lot about computers and the classes were really fun, and also can inspire children.
The instructor is so nice and patient. My daughter loves this program so much, I can't believe she could do coding by herself after only 3 sessions! It is a great program for the early beginners!
Common Questions About How to Use ScratchJr
Can you use ScratchJr on a laptop?
Currently, the ScratchJr program is mainly designed for iPad and Android tablets as a free app where kids can use programming blocks to tell a story. An older version is available on Chromebooks that can download Android apps.
Is ScratchJr only an app?
ScratchJr is primarily an app for iPad and Android tablets. It is specifically designed with an interface for young children. Kids can use motion blocks to make their characters move around the screen. You can also use the paint editor to customize the characters.
What is the main function of ScratchJr?
ScratchJr is for young children aged 5-7 to experience programming for the first time. Kids can create their own interactive stories by putting programming blocks together. Children have control over the actions, sounds and customization of the characters and their story. ScratchJr is supported by the Scratch Foundation and the National Science Foundation.
What is the difference between ScratchJr and Scratch?
ScratchJr is inspired by the Scratch programming language available online. ScratchJr is redesigned to better adapt to the cognitive and social development of young children and help them start coding early. Both platforms encourage kids to get creative with their stories and games. The Scratch Jr website contains tutorials on how to use different parts of the app.