Are your kids ready for the future?
The Bigger Picture Of STEM Learning
The world is changing quickly. But education systems are slow to adapt. It is in every parent's and teacher's hand to help our kids grow up happy, successful, and achieving their full potential.Act Now!
The Whole-Brain Approach
From Learning to Creating
At Create & Learn, we take the whole-brain approach to STEAM learning. This means kids not only have hands-on experiences with latest technologies such as AI and Data Science, but more importantly, we bring them all the way to the highest tier of learning which is to develop kids' creativity and critical thinking skills.
This is why we are Create & Learn - from learning all the way to creating.
Have fun and see the world!
We employ effective and creative learning approaches advocated by MIT Media Lab in every aspect of our curriculum design. In addition, we teach real-world technologies in context so kids can easily relate to them. And Fun goes far beyond being fun. :) Kids develop a deeper understanding when the learning process is relevant, relatable, and fun to them.
Students also get a lot of opportunities to express their views and develop communication skills.
Critical Thinking & Creativity
According to the World Economic Forum, the top skills required for the future are higher order thinking skills such as problem-solving, creativity, and critical thinking. Unfortunately, studies show that only 4% of classroom work in the US schools require these skills.
Problem-solving, creativity, and critical thinking are core parts of every single class at Create & Learn.
Learn Latest Technologies
By 2045, $1000 is expected to purchase more computational power than all the humans combined. While technologies continue to evolve, many fundamental principles stay relatively the same. And the exposure to a diverse set of technologies will build the knowledge base for creativity and growing curiosity.
Create & Learn Team
We are tech experts, parents, and educators. We are passionate about education and helping kids reach their full potential.
- Founder, CEO
- Previously Product Director, Google
- Stanford MBA, UCLA Computer Science Phd
Jessie loves learning and she has a 12 year old daughter.
- Co-Founder, Head of Engineering
- Previously Senior Software Engineer Uber, Apple, and Amazon
- University of Florida, CS MS
YZ loves hiking and travelling and his toddler recently started to develop independent intelligence.
Joanne Christina da Luz
- Lead Program Manager, Teaching & Learning Innovation
- Previously Director and Learning Engineer, Educents, Know Yourself, Design Tech High
- Stanford MEd, Mills MBA, UCSD BA
Joanne loves food, soccer, and live music, in that order (or all at once, if possible!)
- Senior Manager - Strategic Partnerships
- Built the largest Youth Coding Program in Oregon
- Launched Amazon Future Engineer in the Portland Metro
Darwin is a proud husband and father of two.
- Marketing Manager
- Formerly Brand Manager at Procter & Gamble
- Senior Marketing Manager at Ermenegildo Zegna
Karen loves snowboarding and the outdoors.
- Software Engineer
- Previously developer, Canadian startups Traction Guest, Trainerize
- Simon Fraser University, BS Computer Science
Marc enjoys weightlifting and all things fitness related.