Do you want your child to put the coding skills they have mastered to create something cool? Welcome to the Create & Learn Coding challenge! The theme of this challenge is "animal". Create a game about animal rescue, build an animation about the family pet, or show a story about sharks or dinosaurs - just to name a few examples. Choose any coding platform you like, show your skills, and create!
How to participate in the challenge?
- Create: choose one or multiple categories - from Scratch, to Game Development, and Digital Design - to create a coding project under the theme of "animal".
- Submit & Share: submit your projects and invite your friends and family to vote (by clicking "like" on projects) before July 17th, 2022.
- Win Class Credits: Once you get 40+ likes for a single project, you will get $25 class credits.
- Win Fun Prizes: among the most popular projects, Create & Learn teachers will vote for the winning projects in each category. These students will receive additional fun prizes - LEGO, Arduino, or Snap Circuit kits.
- Present: All winners will be announced on July 28th, 2022. They will be invited to present their winning projects in a final event in August.
To prepare for the Scratch category, check out these classes:
Grades 2-5Code games and animations with the #1 beginner classes
Grades 5-9Fast-Paced Introductory Coding Class for Grades 5-9 - Build Games, Stories, and Animations
Intermediate Game Building
Grades 2-6Code a new fun game every week
To prepare for the Game Development category, check out these classes:
Minecraft Modding Quest
Grades 2-5Solve puzzles, build, and create games with fun coding in Minecraft
Minecraft Code to Mod
Grades 5-9Learning to Code Games, Stories, and Cool Buildings - Bring them to Life in Minecraft
Coding with Roblox Studio
Grades 4-8Create your own Roblox games and world using Roblox Studio with coding
Unity Game Development (Semi-Private)
Grades 6-12Learn Unity for kids to build fun 2D and 3D games
To prepare for the Digital Design category, check out these classes:
Budding Digital Artist
Grades 1-4Have fun being creative with a variety of interesting digital art projects
Canva for Kids: Design & Video Editing
Grades 3-6Create beautiful graphic designs and videos with beginner-friendly Canva
Grades 4-7Discover Art and Science in Digital Design, Create Your Own Pieces
Who can participate in the challenge?
How many projects can I submit?
You can submit as many projects as you like under any category. We encourage students to create and submit projects for different categories to practice different skills and coding platforms.
How do I submit projects to attend the challenge?
After submission, where can I see and share my projects?
Can I earn more class credits if I submit more projects?
If any of your projects get 40+ likes, you will earn $25 class credits that you can apply for any Create & Learn classes and camps. Every student can win up to $25 class credits under each category. For example, if a student uploads 2 projects for the Scratch Category and both projects get 40+ likes, they can earn $25 class credits. But if the student uploads 1 project for the Scratch Category and 1 project for the Game Development Category and both projects get 40+ likes, they can earn $50 class credits.
What are the additional fun prizes?
- LEGO City Space Mars Research Shuttle
- Snap Circuits Classic SC-300 Electronics Exploration Kit
- ELEGOO UNO Project Super Starter Kit Compatible with Arduino IDE