Enjoy live Unity game development classes for kids
Unity is the most popular game engine in the world. Have you ever wondered how professionals develop games that have such sophisticated features and looks? They use game engines. Unity is behind many of the most popular games such as Crossy Road, Among Us, Angry Bird, and a lot more. Moreover, it not only is well-suited for both 2D and 3D games but also has become a powerful tool for VR and AR development.
This series of Unity classes teach students the core techniques of developing both 2D and 3D games in Unity. It covers a wide range of topics from character control, coding (in C#), to asset management. In particular, students will learn to
- Self navigate the Unity ecosystem to be able to build basic 2D/3D games from scratch
- Use online and other resources to complete behavioral and object scripting
- Express the game development process for both independent game developers and the larger AAA game studios
- Use supporting authoring applications for modifying objects/assets (?)
- Conduct basic level and game design parameters for the core games in 2D and 3D: 2D Platformer, 3D FPS, 3D 3rd Person
- Inputs and character controllers
- Rewards, inventory
- Multiple scenes and levels
- User Interface
- Publishing, dev cycle - playtest, iterate, and appreciate the gameplay/design;
- review/remix well designed (simple/not fancy) games
The classes are entirely project-based where students learn and practice the skills as they build fun games. Only 2 Units are public at this time, more will be added in the future.
- Downloadable Certificate.
Show the world you did it. You really did it!
- #1 Coding Curriculum
Designed by Stanford, Google & Apple Experts with kids in mind.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We'll help you find the right class, always. Love it or get a full refund.
- Expert Teachers
US-based, background checked, highly trained and 3+ years of experience in their fields.
Unity Intro - Install & First Game (Semi-Private Class)
- Grades 6-12
- This semi-private class (just 2 students max) with live instruction is for students who have not had any experience with Unity before. Most of time is spent on leading students to go through the process of installing and activating the Unity software. The software is free but you do need to create an account to use it. Students will also finish a simple self-paced tutorial to create a simple interactive experience. The teacher will walk through the process, do demos, and answer questions as needed. If you have installed or tried Unity before, you can safely skip this class and sign up for Unit 1 directly. Join us, get started on Unity, and have fun!
- 55 minutes
$40.00$15.002 students max
- 2 students max
- Computer that is less than 5 years old and has at least 8GB of RAM
Unity Game Development (Semi-Private)Units 1 - 2
- Grades 6-12
- 2 Units / 8 Sessions70 minutes per session
- Unity Game Development (Semi-Private) - Unit 1The focus of this class is on 2D game development. Students will be introduced to Unity and become familiar with the structure, layout, and different components of the software. We will build a 2D platform game where players can control the movement of the sprite and direct its interactions with the environment such as colliding with obstacles and hazards. Some examples of game development components we cover include assets, mesh renderer, collider, rigidbody, and animations. In addition to becoming familiar with the Unity editor and workflow, students will also learn how to create C# scripts and do some simple programming. By the end, students will be able to call basic functions, then declare and tweak new variables to modify the results of those functions. Students will gain a foundational knowledge of programming in C# and will feel confident that they can implement new features on their own with this knowledge.
- Unity Game Development (Semi-Private) - Unit 2In part 2 of our Unity Game Development series, students will build their first 3D game in Unity. This involves learning more advanced features of the Unity platform and continues to gain their skills on C# programming. Some specific topics covered include: - Configuration and navigation of 3D Scene - Projectile speed, projectile arc, target collide destroy - Score - hit/miss, bullseye - Particle effects, layout design
$378.00$302.403.5 class pack credits
- 2 students max