Coding for Kids
Coding for kids is the process of giving a computer instructions. Humans can tell computers what to do through the language of code. It is important to learn code since it is becoming an integral part of the global economy! We can make games with code, program robots, and even train chatbots how to talk. Popular tools that use code are Alexa, self-driving cars, and chat bots. You can teach your kids to code using popular websites and resources like Scratch or by signing up for Create & Learn's online coding classes.
Why coding classes for kids work
Basic programming for kids does not need to be hard or intimidating. Kids should learn code through creation, design, and gamification of the process. The best way for kids to learn code is by actually doing the code themselves. It is vital to try, make mistakes, and then learn from those mistakes throughout the design process. Coding can be learned through classes, through one-on-one mentoring, or through utilizing independent learning.
Online coding courses are excellent because your child will have an expert at their fingertips to coach them through the rigorous process, and answer questions as they go. Coding can be intimidating so having a mentor in a fun environment is crucial to maintaining a child’s interest while building confidence in the process. Oftentimes, the teacher makes all the difference and without a strong mentor, children will feel discouraged.
Create & Learn has excellent coding options depending on the age, interest, and level of your child. Your child can start out in a basic coding class to introduce the concepts if they are new to the idea. Or, your child can be placed in classes to program games and highly complex animations. It is truly dependent on the individual child which is why Create & Learn is such a popular choice. The options are endless!
The best coding courses
Computer coding for kids should be fun. The best coding classes for kids will deliver options, levels, and engaging experiences at a reasonable price point. Another indicator of a good class is the ability to see the credentials of the teachers. Some companies require teachers to have extensive training to participate, which is the mark of a truly special program. Here are a few popular subject areas for kids coding courses:
- Best Scratch coding classes: Introduce your child to coding with the most beginner-friendly language in fun online classes led live by expert teachers. This program designed by MIT uses a drag-and-drop coding interface that's super kid friendly.
- Best Minecraft coding classes for kids: As the best-selling video game of all time, Minecraft has a broad appeal to many kids (and even adults). Check out some of the best Minecraft coding classes for kids, some of which are even free.
- Best Python classes for kids and teens: Python is a high-level, yet beginner-friendly coding language used every day by companies such as Netflix, Facebook, and Google. It's one of the most popular programming languages for middle schoolers and high schoolers to learn. So check out the best Python classes for kids and teens.
- Best Roblox coding classes for kids and teens: Create your own Roblox world and games using Roblox Studio with coding! Explore free and paid class options.
Create & Learn's coding for kids
Start With Free Classes
Join top-rated kids coding classes
Our small group free coding classes, live online experience, and awesome teachers set every child up for success. Discover the magic in technology and have fun when you get started today.
What’s the best coding for beginners?
The best coding for beginners focuses on non-intimidating entry points for children. It should not be too technical but rather organic in the approach. Interdisciplinary learning is an excellent way to engage newcomers with coding without scaring them away. Using a block-based language like Scratch can make coding more accessible for kids. Scratch Junior is great for students in K-2 grades; Scratch Ninjais a great place to begin for 2nd to 4th graders; while Accelerated Scratch is an excellent starting place for older children.
What are coding for kids online options?
What are coding games for kids?
Sometimes games can make learning coding more fun, and they can be a great supplemental learning activity in addition to live online classes. Today there are a few kids coding games to chose from. Many parents have their students begin with Scratch, Code Monkey, and Blockly. Here's a handy list of free coding games for kids to explore.
What are coding for kids tools and resources?
Many coding apps on the market are dynamic, fun, and have multi-tiered options for the various levels of coders out there. For learners who prefer a self-paced and independent learning approach, distraction-sensitive learners or those with limited internet access, check out some of the best coding books for kids.
What types of coding can kids learn?
- Artificial intelligence for kids: Learn all about artificial intelligence, and how computers can be programmed to learn. Explore fun examples such as Netflix, video games, and self-driving cars.
- Cloud computing for kids: Explore cloud computing and find out how your favorite websites and apps are able to reach billions of people around the world within seconds.
- Digital design for kids: Digital design is great for creativity! For kids who love to paint, draw, and color, join these fun classes to take their imagination from paper to the screen.
- Game development for kids: Discover the process of making a video game - from the start of an idea to the end where it is ready for others to play - and everything in between.
- Mobile app development for kids: Mobile app development classes for kids helps children bring their own mobile app ideas to life.
- Robotics for kids: Robots fascinate children! Join along as we bring together science, engineering, and technology to create something incredible.
These virtually taught classes are so engaging, my son really enjoys them and is so excited to show us the coding projects he has completed on all 3 levels of Scratch Ninja. We will definitely be signing him up for more classes and thoroughly recommend Create & Learn to other parents.
Create & Learn Parent
Amazing instructor. Can really keep my daughter engaged in a fun way. Thanks to Create & Learn my daughter's tech scores have skyrocketed at school.
Create & Learn Parent
Amazing virtual classes that taught my son about coding. He has taken 3 classes and he loves them all. They have some really good programs. I would definitely recommend this website and I plan to sign him up for more classes.
Create & Learn Parent
Explore free coding websites for kids
Check out the best free coding websites for kids and teens. From easy, exciting, and free Create & Learn classes to MIT's Scratch and W3 Schools, you’re sure to find something your child will enjoy.