What is Roblox?
Roblox is not a game itself- instead it's a space where kids can develop or play millions of 3D online games made by other developers. As just one example, Adopt Me!, a pet simulation game where kids purchase and take care of animals, had over 1.6 million concurrent players in April 2020.
Today Roblox is available to download as an Android and Ios app, and is listed as 12+ with Parental Guidance advised. Within the app, users are encouraged to chat, create, collaborate, build, interact, and more. Kids and their friends can also just gather or explore other users' creations.
What coding does Roblox use?
To play and enjoy Roblox you do not have to code. But Roblox can be a great way to learn coding by harnessing your love for the platform to push yourself to learn new coding skills. Once you have mastered core Roblox coding concepts, you’ll be able to bring to life anything you can imagine within the platform including your own games! Roblox uses Lua, a text-based scripting language, as well as C++.
Does Roblox use C ++?
Is Roblox coding hard?
Beginner Roblox Game Coding 1
Beginner Roblox Game Coding 2
Beginner Roblox Game Coding 3
Coding with Roblox Studio in Lua 1
Coding with Roblox Studio in Lua 2
Coding with Roblox Studio in Lua 3
Welcome to My Farm
- Roblox games for kids: Here are some fun Roblox games that help kids build skills, without feeling the corniness of many educational games.
- Roblox coding basics: Explore the most important Roblox coding basics to get started on your students' Roblox adventure.
- Make a Roblox obby game: Learn how to build an obstacle course in Roblox Studio. These are the steps to get started making your own Obby game, including adding a fading block by using a script.
- How to publish your game: Find out how your child can publish their game on Roblox and modify the settings to make it public.
- Parental controls for Roblox: Parents can limit or disable online chat capabilities, restrict access to a curated list of age‑appropriate games and customize monthly spend restrictions and spend notification frequency in a secure way. Here's how to set up parental controls.