About Create & Learn
Create & Learn is pioneering the Next Generation of Computer Science Education. As the pace of innovation accelerates, it has become imperative for students to start learning technologies that power our world at an early age. At Create & Learn, we address this urgent needs by teaching students state-of-art technologies such as AI and data science. Moreover, we place a strong focus on real world applications and problem solving, as well as developing students' creativity and critical thinking skills.
We are headquartered in the Bay Area and have students in most of the states in the US and around the world. Create & Learn was founded by former Google Product Management Director and early Tech Lead at Uber. We are a portfolio company of GSV Ventures - a leader in education investment and also a Stanford StartX company, which supports Stanford's best Tech and MedTech entrepreneurs
Interested? We love hearing from you. Please email email@example.com.
Are you passionate about STEM education? Do you want to inspire young students with opportunities of the future while leading them through fun and rigorous learning? Do you enjoy learning yourself and want to expand your own horizon? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
We are looking for a candidate with strong K-12 STEM education background to lead our curriculum design efforts. Our portfolio of classes already include AI, Data Science, and Coding. We would like to expand it significantly to cover more discipline areas and more grade levels. The lead curriculum designer will play the critical role of identifying and working closely with domain experts and bringing in her/his own education and curriculum expertise to create these curriculum.
As the lead curriculum designer, you will be responsible for the end to end process of creating top-quality curricula. Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Refine curriculum strategy, identify key areas to expand, and prioritize.
- Seek domain/industrial experts to form core teams for each curriculum.
- Work with experts to create draft curriculum.
- Iterate with teacher and user community to test and refine the curriculum.
- Develop materials for teacher training.
- Work with teacher leads to identify and train teachers to roll out the curriculum.
- Passionate about education and STEM
- Good conceptual understanding of computer science and solid foundational coding skills (understanding of at least 1 programming languages such as Python, JS, …)
- Previous experiences in working with students of grades 4-9
- Strong prior experiences in curriculum design (5+ years required for the senior role)
- Great communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work with diverse groups of teachers, domain experts effectively
- Highly motivated, creative, and great problem solving skills
Nice to Have
- Background in art and design, professional development, and program management
Are you passionate about STEM education, relationship building, and breaking new ground? If so, this is a great opportunity for you.
We are seeking a senior partnership manager with tremendous partnership and project management skills to take a lead on our partnership development. This may include a variety of organizations, businesses, and nonprofits that could work with us to create better content and learning experiences for our students.
As a Senior Strategic Partnership Manager, some of your key responsibilities are
- Take a lead in defining the partnership strategy and execution.
- Establish, manage, and continue to grow partnership relationships with a wide range of ecosystem players.
- Continue to refine and codify the processes for all stages of the partner lifecycle.
- Identify market trends and growth potential for each potential partnership, allocating the appropriate amount of resources needed to realize each partnership's promise.
- Shore up the cross functional relationships and concretize responsibilities necessary to execute on every aspect of the partnership lifecycle.
- Analyze various data sets in order to surface trends and insights, telling a clear story of ROI to our partner organizations.
- Experiences in developing, launching, and managing the success of critical partnerships.
- Experiences in education products/programs are required. Would be ideal to have worked with both tech companies and schools.
- Strategize, implement, improve, and manage both new and existing ideas and tactics.
- A strong relationship builder and communicator.
- An exceptional strategic thinker with strong planning, organization, and detail-driven implementation skills.
- Comfortable doing high-level, high-stakes work in a fast-paced environment (with thought partnership and collaboration) and proper attention to details.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experiences.
We are seeking a talented Content Creator/Marketer who is passionate about k12 STEM education to join our team. This position will work with business leaders and stakeholders to turn strategic and technical information into content for use in marketing, business development collateral, web content, multimedia, PR and other communications.
An ideal candidate should be passionate about communicating with users, creative, constantly seeking to engage new audiences, and proactively invests themselves into creative content projects and understanding customer needs.
Familiarity with STEM learning in K12 is a plus.
- Create original and/or edit content, articles and press releases. Including creating content for blogs, email campaigns, social media, and other content marketing channels.
- Continue to seek new and existing channels to promote our content and mission.
- Identify customers’ needs and create new topics.
- Work closely with the team on content generation ideas and campaigns.
- Write clear, persuasive, informative and compelling copy that drives education and awareness to a variety of audiences.
- Analyze existing content and identify ways to improve impact and optimize effectiveness.
- Understand customers needs and interests through a number of user research channels and methodologies.
- Built a network of strong cross-disciplinary influencers and contributors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates a positive, can-do attitude, thrives in a collaborative and transparent environment, can give and take constructive feedback on a consistent basis.
- Experienced in creating compelling social content that appeal to the user base. Previous experiences for products related to kids or teens a plus.
- Experiences with coding classes (candidates do not need to code for the role) and covering technologies would be a plus as well.
The PD Lead will be leading the planning, implementation and monitoring of professional learning opportunities for our teachers, administrators. In addition to understanding effective, research-based professional development standards and delivery models, the PD Lead will demonstrate knowledge of the skills necessary to meet the needs of diverse learners. The goal of this position is to make significant contributions to improve student achievement by designing, delivering and promoting high quality professional learning and communicating high expectations for each student and teacher. Because we put strong focuses on inquiry & project based learning, a significant aspect of PD is to train teachers in these areas.
- Design and implementation of a comprehensive PD plan.
- Analyzes and uses data to identify professional development needs and to evaluate, improve and report on program effectiveness.
- Develops and oversees professional learning programs in alignment with our goals.
- Communicates the goals, plans and progress of the professional learning program.
- Establishes strong working relationships with teachers and curriculum team.
- Keeps abreast of innovative professional development techniques.
- Extensive experiences in training teachers for inquiry/project based-learning.
- Training experiences in STEM subjects required (training computer science is not a must-have).
- Knowledge of staff development as it applies to both teaching and learning.
- Knowledge of current trends in curriculum, teaching methods and strategies; best practices in school improvement, leadership development; adult learning theory and professional development.
- Ability to analyze data and skills to format data into effective programs.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic, time-sensitive work environment.
- Superior interpersonal, oral communication and written skills.
- Excellent organizational, and facilitation skills.
- Passion for STEM education.
The full-stack engineer will work closely with design and product to keep improving our learning platform, and scale up operations, in order to deliver next generation computer science education to every kid.
- Maintain and improve main website and teaching portal.
- Implement new features and improve APIs.
- Integrate third-party APIs and services.
- Exceptional ability to work anywhere in the technical stack, delivering quality code.
- Fluency in any backend server language, and expertise in relational databases and schema design.
- Experience with nodejs, React and typescript is a plus.
- Strong motivation to drive impact by making product improvements.
- 2+ years experience.
Nice to Have
- Familiar with AWS and best practices running infrastructures on AWS.
- Have experience developing Webchat mini-app