Welcome! Are you passionate about computer science education, love delivering high quality teaching and learning programs, and want to join a fast growing startup company in the Edtech space? If so, read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
At Create & Learn (www.create-learn.us), we provide top quality live online Computer Science classes for thousands of students all around the world, grades 2 through 9. More than just teaching children to code, our cutting-edge curriculum delivers on a wide spectrum of computer science education, is ready to use and uniquely designed by technology experts from Google, Apple, and more.
We are also the largest 5 star rated kids coding program on Facebook nationwide.
Manage and implement program execution, including
- ongoing, systematic, and targeted instructor coaching to foster and improve student interaction, inquiry-based learning, and equitable participation.
- data-driven decision making to anticipate and mitigate impacts on teacher performance,
- Capacity building for the cohort of course specific instructor-leads; scalable and replicable professional development,
- the hiring, onboarding, and success of new instructors,
- Identifying opportunities to build a strong instructor community.
- organizing, hosting, and managing Zoom sessions; communicating with instructors, students, and parents; and organizing materials and teacher-course assignments.
- Streamline processes and work with the Curriculum team to launch, help to define, and to monitor new course success metrics.
- Collaborate with the leadership and marketing team to support outreach and partnerships.
Depending on your background and interests
- teach one of our classes;
- help improve or create new curricula;
- assist in managing the customer support team and digital presence.
- 5+ years in a program management role.
- 3+ years professional development for teacher training experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- A background in Computer Science and/or STEM education with experience in remote learning, a focus on IBL, project-based learning, and/or scaffolding techniques.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills; quick to learn processes and tools.
- Experience administering complex programs, leading a team, and building communities.
- Experience teaching or working with teachers, designers, and programmers, especially in a remote setting.
- A passion for technology education with an ethics focus, preparing curious young minds globally for a cutting edge, technology-powered future!
- You thrive in a changing environment and can juggle multiple priorities and workstreams.
- Track record of delivering great programs in a rapidly growing company.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills. You have demonstrated the ability to define metrics and analyse data to guide tough decisions.
- You’re an advocate and a community builder. You know what it takes to supercharge super-talented teams, and work with everyone to enable their best work.
- Curious and creative. You never stop learning or asking questions
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- You are deeply motivated to enable high quality computer science education for children and families all over the world.
Bonus points for
- A Master’s in Education or similar advanced degree.
- Experience in a B2C Educational Technology company.
- Knowledge and/or experience with hiring practices for instructors.
- Experience running queries with SQL, metabase, Amplitude.
- Experience running digital marketing campaigns, managing blogs, performing SEO.
- Experience creating or delivering computer science curriculum.
- Employee on salary.
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Fully remote work with a passionate team
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Lead Program Manager in the subject line.
Are you passionate about STEM education? Do you want to inspire young students with opportunities of the future while leading them through fun and rigorous learning? Do you enjoy learning yourself and want to expand your own horizon? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
We are looking for a candidate with strong K-12 STEM education background to lead our curriculum design efforts. Our portfolio of classes already include AI, Data Science, and Coding. We would like to expand it significantly to cover more discipline areas and more grade levels. The lead curriculum designer will play the critical role of identifying and working closely with domain experts and bringing in her/his own education and curriculum expertise to create these curriculum.
As the lead curriculum designer, you will be responsible for the end to end process of creating top-quality curricula. Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Refine curriculum strategy, identify key areas to expand, and prioritize.
- Seek domain/industrial experts to form core teams for each curriculum.
- Work with experts to create draft curriculum.
- Iterate with teacher and user community to test and refine the curriculum.
- Develop materials for teacher training.
- Work with teacher leads to identify and train teachers to roll out the curriculum.
- Passionate about education and STEM
- Good conceptual understanding of computer science and solid foundational coding skills (understanding of at least 1 programming languages such as Python, JS, …)
- Previous experiences in working with students of grades 4-9
- Strong prior experiences in curriculum design (5+ years required for the senior role)
- Great communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work with diverse groups of teachers, domain experts effectively
- Highly motivated, creative, and great problem solving skills
Nice to Have
- Background in art and design, professional development, and program management
Are you passionate about STEM education, relationship building, and breaking new ground? If so, this is a great opportunity for you.
We are seeking a senior partnership manager with tremendous partnership and project management skills to take a lead on our partnership development. This may include a variety of organizations, businesses, and nonprofits that could work with us to create better content and learning experiences for our students.
As a Senior Strategic Partnership Manager, some of your key responsibilities are
- Take a lead in defining the partnership strategy and execution.
- Establish, manage, and continue to grow partnership relationships with a wide range of ecosystem players.
- Continue to refine and codify the processes for all stages of the partner lifecycle.
- Identify market trends and growth potential for each potential partnership, allocating the appropriate amount of resources needed to realize each partnership's promise.
- Shore up the cross functional relationships and concretize responsibilities necessary to execute on every aspect of the partnership lifecycle.
- Analyze various data sets in order to surface trends and insights, telling a clear story of ROI to our partner organizations.
- Experiences in developing, launching, and managing the success of critical partnerships.
- Experiences in education products/programs are required. Would be ideal to have worked with both tech companies and schools.
- Strategize, implement, improve, and manage both new and existing ideas and tactics.
- A strong relationship builder and communicator.
- An exceptional strategic thinker with strong planning, organization, and detail-driven implementation skills.
- Comfortable doing high-level, high-stakes work in a fast-paced environment (with thought partnership and collaboration) and proper attention to details.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experiences.
Are you passionate about computer science education, love teaching kids and being creative? If so, this is for you.
We are looking for multiple passionate, enthusiastic part-time coding teachers who want to share their love of coding with kids. We teach online computer coding classes to grades 3-9.
Apply: To fast track your application, please submit to this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd9kSDfhMFRAHW04AfZMs5PfS5RDy_Kay6NQlIpmaefhx0jOQ/viewform
- Lead small groups of students in the online classroom using onlineclassroom software to teach the curriculum provided by Create & Learn
- Ability to adapt curriculum and lesson structure to support any technical or social demands that may arise during program
- This is a part-time job: classes are 1.5-2 hours each. Time requirements are flexible.
Teaching Style Requirements
- Passionated interactive teaching using online audio and video
- Hands-on demonstration of projects and exercises
- Teaching with inspiration and empowering students
- Confident, energetic, creative
- Effective class management skills to lead a class of high energy students
- 3+ year of teaching experiences (middle school & high school preferred)
- College degree (doesn’t need to be in computer science)
- At least one year of teaching coding or having taken college-level computer science classes
- Experience in afterschool/camp setting/leading a classroom preferable
- Able to work independently and communicate via emails and phone on a regular basis
- Access to reliable high-speed Internet access and computer that can support video conferencing
- Must hold a valid U.S. social security number to initiate and clear a background check
Competitive hourly pay based on experience and qualifications