City of Brownsville | Minecraft Coding Quest$180, 3 Units Included
- Minecraft Modding Quest 1Let the fun begin! We start from the very basics of the coding concepts in this fun-filled class. Students solve puzzles by coding an agent in the Minecraft game to move, take actions, and react to the environment. They are also given the opportunity to build open ended puzzles on their own. We will cover core coding concepts including sequence, conditional, loop, and more. All the puzzles and projects are designed by our curriculum experts exclusively for Create & Learn.
- The class starts from the basics however it covers those pretty fast. For students who are new to coding, we recommend taking Scratch Ninja 1 & 2 first before taking this class. You need a Windows or Mac Computer to take this class. Chromebook is very slow for running Minecraft. iPad is not supported.
- Tue, 11/2/2021, 12:00 AM - 12:55 AMTue, 11/9/2021, 1:00 AM - 1:55 AMTue, 11/16/2021, 1:00 AM - 1:55 AMTue, 11/23/2021, 1:00 AM - 1:55 AM
- Minecraft Modding Quest 2Students start to spend more time building open ended projects in level 2 which allow them to expand and be creative even more easily. We also advance to teach intermediate coding concepts such as variables, event, and function. Using Minecraft as the platform, students can code to place and break blocks, build structure, spawn animals, develop mini-games, and a lot more. They will feel empowered. Not only can they play Minecraft, they can create their own favorite games as well!
- You need a Windows or Mac Computer to take this class. Chromebook is very slow for running Minecraft. iPad is not supported. Must have take Minecraft Modding Quest 1
- Tue, 11/30/2021, 12:00 AM - 12:55 AMTue, 12/7/2021, 12:00 AM - 12:55 AMTue, 12/14/2021, 12:00 AM - 12:55 AMTue, 12/21/2021, 12:00 AM - 12:55 AM
- Minecraft Modding Quest 3Build your own battle game that fights off zombies and see who is better at the rock, paper, scissors game built by yourself in Minecraft This is the last of the series of coding classes based on Minecraft Education edition. We will practice and learn more about how to use variables and functions to make our code a lot more efficient and reusable by building two fun games. The game logic and components are also more complex. Code and have fun building your projects!
- Require Minecraft Modding Quest 2 before taking this class
- Tue, 12/28/2021, 12:00 AM - 12:55 AMTue, 1/4/2022, 12:00 AM - 12:55 AMTue, 1/11/2022, 12:00 AM - 12:55 AMTue, 1/18/2022, 12:00 AM - 12:55 AM