City of Brownsville | Scratch Ninja$180, 3 Units Included
- Scratch Ninja 1This class uses Scratch, a platform developed by MIT, to teach fundamental coding concepts. We start from the very basics, no prior coding experiences needed. Students will learn core coding concepts such as sequence, loop, and conditional. We will also use a wide range of Scratch specific capabilities including motion, sensing, control, and more. Your child will have a lot of fun as we build a new project in every session ranging from animation, games, to storytelling. Students not only learn coding but also start creating from day 1!
- Wed, 11/3/2021, 8:00 PM - 8:55 PMWed, 11/10/2021, 9:00 PM - 9:55 PMWed, 11/17/2021, 9:00 PM - 9:55 PMWed, 11/24/2021, 9:00 PM - 9:55 PM
- Scratch Ninja 2Building on what students have learned in Unit 1, we continue to cover important computer programming concepts such as variables, messaging, and events. Again a new project is created in every session. We will build fun games and stories. Students can choose their own themes based on their interests, while learning new coding and scratch capabilities. They are challenged to be creative and solve tough problems while learning the deeper computer science concepts.
- Students need to have taken Scratch 1 offered by us or have at least 10 hours of Scratch coding experiences and are familiar with coding blocks including forever loop, conditional, motion, and sensing.
- Wed, 12/1/2021, 9:00 PM - 9:55 PMWed, 12/8/2021, 9:00 PM - 9:55 PMWed, 12/15/2021, 9:00 PM - 9:55 PMWed, 12/22/2021, 9:00 PM - 9:55 PM
- Scratch Ninja 3This unit covers the most advanced programming concepts that Scratch has to offer such as list/array, defining your own blocks (functions), and complex interactions between different game elements via messaging & cloning. We continue the cadence of the 1 fun project per session, even though projects are becoming more complex. Class time focuses on learning new coding concepts as well as how to construct steps to build more complex projects. In order to complete each project, students will typically need to spend 1-2 hours outside of class to finish all the details.
- Students need to have taken Scratch Ninja 2 or have at least 20 hours of Scratch coding experiences and are familiar with all coding blocks in Scratch.
- Wed, 12/29/2021, 9:00 PM - 9:55 PMWed, 1/5/2022, 9:00 PM - 9:55 PMWed, 1/12/2022, 9:00 PM - 9:55 PMWed, 1/19/2022, 9:00 PM - 9:55 PM